The 2021 Mentor's Summit is where we gather to train new Drupal Contribution Mentors, refresh the skills of those of us who have done all this before, and look at new and interesting improvements we can make to our processes and tools. And YOU are invited.
Without Contribution Mentors, we cannot grow the community to continue to make Drupal the very best content management system.
When is this happening?
On Friday 17th of September, we gather to hold training workshops, talks, and discussions on the present and future of Contribution Mentoring.
Who should attend?
We want to make sure the summit meets your needs so have a think about the descriptions below and where you fit.
You SHOULD attend if:
- You know how to contribute to issues in the Drupal.org issues queues
- You are a developer (of any type - frontend, backend, something in-between), a project manager, a documenter, a marketing person and more – people from all roles make great mentors
- You want to learn about or refresh your knowledge of how we organise mentored contribution events at both in person and virtual camps and DrupalCons.
You SHOULD NOT attend if:
- You have never contributed to Drupal before.
- If you are looking to start contributing to Drupal in the future, you are highly encouraged to join us at DrupalCon Europe where all of the above trained mentors will be ready and willing to help you!
What can I expect to see?
We will be listing workshops, discussions, and talks as Topics, you can see on the tab above. There will increase as we accept new workshops, discussions, and talks in the weeks leading up to the summit. Keep an eye on the list!
I have an idea of something to speak about - what should I do?
Add a new Topic to tell us about something you wish to speak about! We will be operating on a "accept all topics so long as they meet the scope of the summit", that scope being:
- Talks, discussions and training workshops for the purpose of increasing the knowledge of community members to be able to effectively mentor new contributors to the Drupal project
View the topics already submitted and consider if there is something more you can bring to the event - there probably is! Have you found some methods of mentoring particularly successful? Tell us about them! Have you developed a new tool we can make use of? Tell us all about it!
You may Add a Topic starting NOW until the call for papers closes at 1700UTC, 31st August.
How will the summit happen?
The summit will happen right here on this drupalcontributions site, through our built-in conferencing system Big Blue Button.
When we have planned the program, we will create Events for each of the items that you can register for and join at the specified times.
We are working. on adding live captioning to the events and recordings will be available after the summit.
How to I register?
Register for an account on this website and then, when you revisit this group, you will see a big red Join button - click it! That's it - we'll keep you informed of everything else by email.
Obviously, the event is FREE TO ATTEND.
See you there!